We're helping initiatives in the following ways:
- We've produced a comprehensive 50 page pdf Transition Initiatives Primerto set you off on this journey. Includes the following sections:
- peak oil introduction
- checklist for building a robust core team
- 7 "Buts"
- 12 Steps
- role of local government movies for awareness raising (reviews, where to get them, licensing requirements)
- getting businesses involved
- questions of leadership and structure
- recommended reading list for peak oil and climate change
- Website with frequently updated content (this website)
- Advice and guidance on how to start up and develop your Transition Initiative
- Resources, such as:
- A generic flyer which will identify your project as a Transition Town project and reduce your graphic design costs
- A scripted presentation on Peak Oil, Climate Change and Transition
- Standard constitutions for your initiative
- Posters you can use as you work to raise awareness
- Help with designing your Unleashing event to get your initiative off to a good start
- Once you've worked on the checklist and you're an "official" initiative, we can set you up with a 'Community Microsite', including editable pages, news, events, newsletter and membership management tools.
- Transition Training
- This networking platform which enables people and initiatives to connect up easily and share knowledge.
- If you want to find out more about setting up a Transition Initiative in your community, please contact us at the Transition Network. We're hoping that through this work, communities across the UK will unleash their own collective genius and embark on an imaginative and practical range of connected initiatives, leading to a way of life that is more resilient, more fulfilling and more equitable, and that has dramatically lower levels of carbon emissions.
The purpose of this website is to:
- provide an introduction to the concepts, principles and practices of Transition around the world
- show you how to go about setting up and developing a Transition Initiative in your locale
- help you deal with some of the objections you may come up against
- identify training that you may need as your initiative progresses
- enable you to connect to other Transition Initiatives, People, and Projects around the world
What we can't do is give you all the answers. We're very up front about that - read our Cheerful Disclaimer. However, we can help you access a lot of the resources and projects that other transitioners have been working on. Beyond that, you're going to have to figure some of these answers out for yourself. And when you have, make sure you let the rest of us know about them.