The Initiating Group first met in February 2010. The other members of the Initiating Group are Rebecca Notley, Molly Galea, Alexandra Almond, Wendy Clarke, Wayne Bowers and Kate Leslie.
Examples of our work are:
* Potlucks and celebrations of the changing seasons.
* Bountiful Backyard Experiments - an ongoing group for people wanting to *really* learn to grow food. We experiment and learn from one another.
* We have put together a 'Sustainable Food' brochure (see projects).
* We host ongoing monthly Fruit & Vegie swaps in Newport Lakes and Altona and delivered lemons to Foodbank.
* We've run a few 'Talk'n Techs' - meet-ups in the pub to discuss home energy efficiency.
* Facilitated a Tour de Coop (tour of backyard chickens), Community Garden tour, hosted Neighbourhood Garden Party and an Open Garden.
* Responses to Council on Laverton Park, Nature Strip Policy, Waste and Litter Management plan, budget and Arts and Culture Plan.
* Run a 'home energy' workshop.
* Promoting Ground To Ground (see projects).
* Made some clips and posted them to our YouTube account.
* Hosted 'Fermenting Fridays', a monthly exploration of all things fermenting (see projects).
* Reskilling - soap making workshop, fruit tree pruning.
* Local recycling guide.
* A 'strawberry run' and jam making.
* We've had a presence at local festivals - Altona, Newport, Williamstown and Laverton. At Newport's annual bush dance we are there with free cups of herbal tea (fresh herbs from local gardens).
* We've also got a facebook group.
... You'll have to visit the groupsite to get the full list.