This 2-day LAUNCH training will be hosted by European Village, Transition Greece (Hellas) and delivered by the highly experienced Transition Network trainers Naresh Giangrande (Co-founder of Transition Town Totnes, UK) and Sophy Banks.
The course is packed with imaginative ways to delve into the practice of Transition, providing practical tools and know-how on how to set up, run, and grow a successful Transition Initiative.
The course language will be English, with some “live” translation (using headphones) for those who have difficulty understanding/speaking English.
The course aims at people, who:
- are new to transition and want to evaluate the model and practice to see if it is for them
- are part of a TI that is just beginning or about to start
- want additional skills or awareness in how to communicate about peak oil and other reasons why we need to do transition, fundamental skills around awareness raising, fundamental skills in how to set up and run an Open Space event, or the basic skills in how to create and run a successful initiating group.
The course provides:
- an experience of Transition.
- insight into the early stages of a Transition Initiative.
- a deepening journey into the inner dimension of Transition.
- the opportunity to meet other people involved in Transition initiatives and share experiences, difficulties and successes
For course details please click here.
Cost: The training is based on the “pay what you can” model. The actual full cost of organizing this training is EUR 2.000, which covers travel to/from the UK for two trainers, plus their accommodation and fees to Transition Network for the trainers’ salary (this is their job) and teaching materials. It does not include food and accommodation for participants. The organizers expect 40 participants, which means the cost-per-participant is EUR 50 and is therefore what the organizers recommend as a contribution. They will also accept less (minimum EUR 25) from those who cannot afford the recommended amount, and will also warmly welcome more than EUR 50 from those who can spare it.
In the event of a ‘surplus’, the organizers will offer participants a choice of charities, to which this will be donated.
Booking: For booking please download the registration form below (English or Greek version) and send to firstname.lastname@example.org before 15 August 2012.
Contact: For more information or any questions, please contact email@example.com.
Click here to visit the facebook page of Transition Greece (Hellas).